Hello Friends, Happy Friday! I hope you have had a good week. I am honored to be a participant in American Patchwork & Quilting’s 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge blog hop.
Click here to answer the following questions you might have about the challenge:
1. What is the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge?
2. How do I participate?
3. Where can I access the pillowcase patterns?
4. How do I proceed after I make my pillowcase(s)?
The following is the list of 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge blog hop participants:
· Alison Glass
· American Patchwork & Quilting
· Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister Designs
· The Benartex Design Team: Sew in Love with Fabric
· Debby Kratovil
· Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts
· Heidi Pridemore
· How To Sew
· Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom
· Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts
· Karrie Winters of Freckled Whimsy
· Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle
· Linda Carlson
· Lori Mason
· Modern Quilt Studio
· Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
· Northcott: Patti’s Patchwork
· Shannon Fabrics: My Cuddle Corner
· Tammy Silvers
· Timeless Treasures: Sew Timeless
· Valori Wells
· Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool
· Wendy Sheppard of Ivory Spring — ME!!
I used fabrics from Benartex’s Made With Love collection to make my pillowcase. This is a super cute line – you may check out the swatches here. I won’t spoil it for you — but you have GOT to get a load of the adorable zipper print after you click on the aforementioned link to check out the fabrics.
Seriously, how can you not swoon with this “buttoned up” paisley print?!
I chose the Made with Love fabrics not only because the fabrics are just too adorable, but also for the spirit and sentiment the fabrics represent – something made with love to bless someone else.
Here is the pillowcase I made – using Pattern #10, with the flying geese band! Click here to download the pattern instructions.
American Patchwork & Quilting is also hosting the first 24-hour sewathon making pillowcases to further the cause of the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge from September 19, 2014 3:00pm to September 20, 2014 3:00pm. Click here for details on this very exciting event.
I hope you will seriously consider participating in this worthwhile endeavor of reaching out to those in need. Most of us quilters are blessed with stashes upon stashes of fabrics, why don’t we in turn bless someone else with a pillowcase (or two, or three, or four) made with love?
“And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” ~1 Corinthians 13:13 (emphasis mine)
Have a most blessed weekend, Dear Friends. I shall catch up with you again next week!