My husband was the one who came up with the name “Roslynn” for the applique quilt I was working on a few months ago (since I am most UNcreative when it comes to naming anything):
It is now featured in the March 2009 Issue of “The Quilter” – I like how it was photographed as a table topper:
I will have more pictures once I receive the quilt back from the editor with the complimentary issue of the magazine. Meanwhile, HAPPY MONDAY everyone! See you tomorrow!
It’s always been exciting for me to see my work published, whether in technical journals in the past (when I worked as a chemical engineer in the world’s largest ultra-low velocity wind tunnel in the world – but that’s a story for another day!) or in quilt magazines in the present.
But what made me forsake all reservations and did a “Snoopy” dance this past week was hearing from Dawn who has started her own “Carol of the Cardinals” based on my published Christmas project in “The Quilter“‘s 2008 Christmas issue. Please click on the picture below to see her post on the project, and do leave her a note to tell her what a great job she is doing! :) I like her choice of fabrics, and how she had tilted the holly sprig:
You see, once my quilt design is published, I have no way of knowing exactly how many quilters actually attempt the project unless I am being told by the quilters themselves. So, I want to thank Dawn for taking the time to let me know.
HAPPY MONDAY, everyone!
Update – Click here to see Dawn’s completed project! She is a fast worker! :)
My bloggy friends,
I have truly appreciated your sweet and kind comments on my Pieceful Garden projects. And as a token of my appreciation, I am giving this pillow away to go with the quilt some of you are making with the kit, or as an accent piece in your home decorating:
Here are a few simple rules:
1. All are welcome to enter the drawing (that means anyone who reads or stumbles upon this blog!).
2. All you need to do is to leave a comment about any of the following between now and Sept 30:
– your favorite post on this blog
– your favorite holiday tradition
– what you think of “The Quilter” (Nov 2008) if you’ve already gotten a copy
– or, just any comment!
3. Only one comment per person (please make sure I will have a way to contact you).
4. Please note that if you are living outside of the US, only the pillow case will be mailed to you.
5. The winner will be announced on Oct 1, 2008.
Have a great day, everyone. I look forward to hearing from you! :)