“Lemonade” Smocking & News

HAPPY MONDAY, Everyone, I hope you have had a great weekend! I had a blessed one even though it was a bit hectic.

“Lemonade” Quilts are quilts made with either a pink or yellow color scheme. I thought I would show you the 95% finished smocking on my dotted Swiss “Pink & Yellow Lemonade” daygown ( I won’t be able to add the boullion roses until the gown is constructed):

I didn’t have much trouble with smocking through the dotted Swiss even though I didn’t remove the dots from the smocking area, except for when the needle had to go right through a “dot”. But as long as I kept my needle perpendicular to the pleat, and push a little harder, I didn’t have any problems:


The daygown should look like this after construction (hopefully!):

Picture from Nancy Coburn

***

Meanwhile, look what I got?

The Pieceful Garden Quilt Kits are ready to ship starting TOMORROW!

Photo courtesy of The Quilter


OFB Smocked Daygown Part 4: It’s beginning to look like…

... a baby daygown. Can you see it, can you see it?!

I was so excited to I learned to properly attached a smocked piece to the yoke pieces with piping:

There is going to be a fancy hem at the bottom of the gown. I was going to work on attaching the laces today, but was side-tracked by quilting-related business. But hopefully, I would get to it tonight:

Ooooooh – I am so pleased with the techniques I have learned so far!! Thanks bunches, Annelle!

***

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Getting ready to smock on dainty dotted Swiss

I have had this in my stash for a while, and am just now getting it out ready to smock. I just love the lemony yellow fabric with little white fuzzies on the fabric. The smocking plate is by Nancy Coburn:

Check back next week, I hope to be able to have some progress pictures! :)

Meanwhile, take care, all my bloggy friends!

OFB Smocked Daygown Part 3: The Dainties are IN!

I had sometime to work on my long neglected Old Fashioned Baby Smocked Daygown. I added the dainties — little rosebuds on the smocked part. These pink accents are added because I will eventually have some pink on the fancy hem that I will be doing for this daygown:

I have long ago given up trying to embroider identical boullions! It’s just impossible especially for handwork, and like I was told once that not even the flowers from the same flower bush look identical. So, now, I am at peace with the reality! :)

Shown are the dainty smocked front and my dainty little miniature “kinder” (child) teaset:

I do enjoy and treasure the dainty things in life — they sure have a marvelous softening effect!

**

p.s. If you have missed my earlier parts on the daygown, here are part 1 and part 2.