Hello Everyone, Happy Tuesday to you!
I have been making blueberry pies recently as if they are going out-of-style. Of course, it would make sense to serve a piece of blueberry pie on something blue:
2 9-inch pie shells
3 1/2-4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar (I did half brown sugar, and half regular sugar)
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup sugar
1. Mix blueberries with flour and 1/3 cup of sugar.
2. Pour mixture into pie dish lined with one 9″ pie shell.
3. Cover the pie dish with the other pie shell. Seal and crimp.
4. Brush the top of pie shell with milk.
5. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar (I actually only used about half of the amount).
6. Bake in oven at 425 F for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 F, and bake for another 20-25 minutes. I cover the pie edge with metal pie strips to prevent the edge from being burnt.
8. Bake for another 5-10 minutes at 375 F to lightly brown the top of the pie crust.
For a fancier Blueberry Recipe, hop on over to Kelli’s.
Ellen has sweetly awarded me:
Ellen has become one of my dearest bloggy friends. She has definitely lived up to her motto on her blog — to honor and encourage. Through her daily posts, it is evident that she honors God and those she loves, and has definitely encouraged me to do the same! Thanks, Ellen – for being a sweet blessing to me and many others!