Hello Friends, Happy Friday to you! I hope you have had a lovely week. 2014 was a hugely Benartex-y year for me! It’s always fun to design with Benartex’s fabrics — because you see, Benartex and I also go way back (just like The Quilter magazine).
One of my earliest designs that remains a favorite is my Pieceful Garden quilt. The quilt used Benartex’s Family Tree fabrics in the quilt top construction. The quilt was originally published in 2008 in The Quilter, and then in 2010 in UK’s Popular Patchwork. And ever since then, I have designed with many many Benartex fabric lines! THANK YOU, Team Benartex!
It was most exciting to be able to use Benartex’s fabrics for my book projects in Recreating Antique Quilts.
1. Garden Lattice & Priscilla’s Garden Party
2. Gingkos on Prince Street Pillow
3. Ivory Baltimore
Just in 2014… my magazine features using Benartex’s fabrics are as follow:
1. Stardom, using Concerto fabrics, in Annie’s Row Quilts
2. Solar Star, using Palm Springs fabrics, in Annie’s Dazzling Diamond Quilts
3. Urban Oasis, using Urban Oasis fabrics, in Quilter’s World Spring 2014
4. Hole in the Wall, using multiple Benartex lines, in Generation Q May/June 2014
5. Spiral Squared, using Zest fabrics, in McCall’s Quilting January/February 2014
6. Owl Be Your Friend, using Forest Friend-sy fabrics, in McCall’s Quick Quilts (July/August 2014)
7. Boxing Day, using Home for the Holidays fabrics, in The Quilter December 2013/January 2014
8. Tulip Trail, using Palm Springs fabrics, in The Quilter April/May 2014
9. All Squared Up, using Dwellings fabrics, in The Quilter April/May 2014
10. Garden View, using Ambrosia fabrics, in The Quilter June/July 2014
11. Song of Praise Pillow, using Rainbow Bright Balis fabrics, The Quilter August/September 2014
12. Hoppity Hop, using Leap Frog, in Fons and Porter’s Easy Quilts Winter 2014
And let’s not forget the free-to-use designs I did for 2014… I will not show you images of all the quilt designs. If you want to see what the quilt looks like, simply click on the quilt names. Click on the quilt names to download pattern instructions.
January: Everything’s Coming Up Rosey using English Rosey
January: View on Lexington using Gramercy
January: Midori’s Place using Gramercy
March: Poseidon’s Adventure using Neptune’s Dream
March: Wild Kingdom using Sew Rousseau
March: My Cozy Sweater using Palm Springs
May: Sprinkled Sweets using Shadows/Paintbox
May: Party Poppers using Shadows/Paintbox
May: Dino Craze using 10,000 B.C.
August: Lovey Buggy using Luvbugs
August: Sweet Hearts using Luv Bugs
August: Pagoda Paradise using Little Harajuku – My all time favorite!!
October: At the Pond using Leap Frog
November: Sunshine using Sunny Days
November: Sew Lovely using Made With Love
And in 2014, Movement in Squares won the Benartex Fan Favorite!
When I look back the year 2014, I see friendship, support and encouragement from so many of you! I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart . When I look at these quilts, I remember the fun I had in 2014 working with the great people at Benartex, and I know 2015 will be another great year for Benartex!
Have a great weekend, Dear Friends!
Click here for 2014 Recap Part 1
Click here for 2014 Recap Part 2
Click here for 2014 Recap Part 3
Click here for 2014 Recap Part 4