Hello Friends, a very blessed New Year to you all! I hope you had a great holiday season. It was an extremely busy year for me last year, and this year is looking like it will be just as happening! But I am hoping I will finally find a happy medium in my schedule where I get to interact with you more on my blog. I appreciate many of you who emailed to check on me. You are all so very sweet! Again, if you are on Instagram, that is the best place to find me right now. Look me up at ivory_spring.
I have exciting news to share… it’s been simmering for a while now! But the soup has finally boiled over, and I have no choice but to share the exciting news! Ha! The super sweet and VERY talented Karen Miller of Redbird Quilt Co and I are teaming up for a Mystery Quilt-Along! Karen and I had been online friends for a while, and were able to meet up two Fall Markets ago! She has been a bright spot in my quilting journey.
This is a special quilt-along — because this one focuses on Machine Quilting, and we will be using motifs covered in my book Stitching Pathways. You can read about the book here. This will be a multi-part quilt-along where Karen, and I won’t know ahead of time how we each quilt the different parts of the quilt, making the quilt-along rather mysterious! Think a really fun Quilt-Off!
DETAILS on supplies:
1. We’ll be using one of our favorite panels from World of Susybee, Lewe the Ewe. This panel is a 1 yard cutThe product code for this panel is SB20042-710. You’ll need one panel — or one 36″ x 42″ cut. There is NO additional piecing because we are impatient and want to jump RIGHT into the quilting part.
Click HERE for participating shops who are selling the fabrics.
2. For backing — we are using the Susybee Lewe the Ewe allover design. Product code: SB20049-810. For this fabric you’ll need about 42″ in length (or 1 1/4y) — that will give you a little extra around the edges of your quilting.
3. For the binding we choose the Susybee Black and White Dot.
The product code on this is SB20171-199 A quarter yard of this fabric is perfect for your binding.
4. I will be using the Hobbs Tuscany Silk batting because that is my go-to. You may also use wool or cotton. A crib size is is all you would need (45″ x 60″).
5. My book Stitching Pathways. Karen gave the most gracious review on my book. “In my opinion this is one of the best Free Motion Quilting books on the market. Not only does Wendy give you awesome beginner information and tips, she includes a wide variety of quilting motifs and shares in great detail HOW to quilt them… You won’t be disappointed — I promise! Best Book Ever!”
You may order the book from:
or email me for signed copies!
6. I will be using Aurifli 50 wt threads from my Subtle Strings collection. You may read more about the collection here, and here. You may order your collection here for $99.99 (regularly selling for $140)!
DETAILS on schedule (subject to change):
We are all busy — so, we are trying to keep this Quilt-Along very non-demanding!
Jan 7: Announcement post
Jan 21: Planning, basting, batting, etc
Jan 28: Stabilization quilting or just to catch up
Feb 4, Feb 11: Inside center panel
Feb 25: Top and Bottom Rectangles
March 4: Top and Bottom Squares
March 11: Left and Right Side panels
Mach 18: Narrow Sashing
March 25: Outside (wider) Border
April 1: Binding & Hanging
And of course, what is a Quilt-Along without a giveaway at the end? Check this link here for information. This will updated as we quilt along. :)
I hope you will get your supplies ready, and join us on this really really fun adventure! Just think — by the end of this Quilt-Along, you will have a completed quilt, and have honed your quilting skills! WIN-WIN!