Hello Friends, we are in Thanksgiving mode at my end. We have a certain little girl who is super-excited about Thanksgiving! And I thought it would be apt for me to share with you my banner quilt project Counting My Blessings.
Counting My Blessings is a precuts/stash friendly project in that the pieced background of the banner is made of 2 1/2″ precut batiks strips. So, you have any of the leftover jellyroll strips laying around…. just sayin’! The applique(machine fusible) of the pagoda birdhouse is done with charm squares, and so are the yoyo’s.
The yoyos were first made, and then blind-stitched onto the banner after the quilt was quilted.
This entire banner is constructed and quilted with Aurifil Mako 50 Cotton threads. The quilting is done with subtle contrasting effect by using threads that give just a smidgen-y hint of contrast to compliment the background fabrics. I used light pink, light blue, lavender threads to quilt the different portions of the banner.
And of course, my idea of subtle contrasting quilting effect has recently been packaged in Subtle Strings thread box by Aurifil.
I used a combination of silk and wool batting from Hobbs‘ Tuscany collection — you can see that my feathers really have the “poof” factor going on from that batting combination!
Complete pattern instructions including full sized templates are found in my book Creative New Quilts & Projects from Precuts or Stash. This banner project also comes with an autumn version. Leaf template is also in the book.
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving week, Dear Friends! Please know that when I count my blessings, you are definitely one of them!!! I shall catch up with you later!