The pinwheel blocks are like the staples in a quilter’s bag of tricks. When I need to add a little something to my quilt designs, pinwheels are always one of the options! According to this link, the pinwheel quilt pattern was developed around 1795.
You will see in the following the different pinwheel quilts I have made in the last couple of years.
1. Joseph’s Pinwheels (Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting, June 2011. Also Love of Quilting TV episode 1806)
[Photo from http://www.fonsandporter.com]
2. Summertime (Fons and Porter’s Easy Quilts, Summer 2011)
3. Starry Pursuit (Fons and Porter’s Easy Quilts, Winter 2011, Cover Quilt)
4. Holiday Spinners (The Quilter, Holiday 2010)
5. Spring Song (Sample for Benartex’s Forever Spring fabric line, Quilt Market 2010)
Which one is your favorite Pinwheel Quilt?
Now, please tell me how many quilts you have made?