I stitched the last geometric stitch on Jane Ellen over the weekend. I am just so super pleased with the variegated thread effect that I have to show you. I do apologize for the crude picture… but you now get to see what a smocked dress looks like in the “ugly duckling” stage. Oh, please also excuse the safety pin – I have to leave it there to mark the dress center for when I add some embroidery:
I decided to leave the “bars” out that you see in the original Jane Ellen plate (toward the bottom part of the smocking). You will see the difference by comparing this original plate with the picture above.