I have shown you the smocked front before. It took me hours and hours to do the smocking, and then hours more to work on the bullion daisies! I enjoyed the smocking part very much, but the bullions gave me fits and callused fingers at times. I had completed the smocking and embroidery two years before Baby was even in the radar:
Well, by the skin of my teeth, and help from my ever encouragingly sweet friend Annelle, the dress happened! The pattern is from Australian Smocking and Embroidery’s Issue 48 (Star of the Show):
I love working on projects for Baby because it’s the special time I use to direct my thoughts and prayers for her. I haven’t been able to do that as much as I would have liked lately, but am glad I was able to work on the Easter dress project.
I didn’t get to make the suggested jacket that goes with the dress. While dropping off some stuff at the thrift store, I found this darling little yellow crochet jacket that goes perfectly with the dress. I came home and “made” the jacket look like it is “meant” to go with the dress:
I also made a matching hair bow to go with the dress. Being a planner, I had bought a set of hair bows with the most common colors worn by Baby. But we have managed to lose half of those hair bows! So, I wasn’t even going to pretend we could find a matching bow for that dress on Easter morning. I just made one with the scraps from the dress fabric. The tutorial for making the hair pretty is here:
We had a great Easter service at church. We saw five people baptized! Baby always loves going to church and plays in the nursery.
I have in mind to use up some of my quilt fabric scraps to make a couple of summer outfits for Baby soon. Stay tuned! :)
Thanks for stopping by. Have a beautiful springy week!