For this Friday’s Show and Tell hosted by Kelli, I would like to show you my Sculpted Ceramic Vegetable Bowl from Italy. It sits prominently every year on my counter top during the summer time:
You can see how realistic-looking these ceramic vegetables are:
So, what is your favorite vegetable? Is it broccoli, or cauliflower?
Okay, how about garlic and onion, or even scallions?
Do you care for cabbages?
You’ve got to love snap peas… and perhaps even eggplants?
I enjoy just about any vegetable. So, it’s a bit hard for me to single out one vegetable as a favorite….
I would also like to share with you a recipe for broccoli casserole:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, corn, and onions. Stir in sour cream, soup, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. In a separate bowl, toss together stuffing mix and melted butter. Spread broccoli mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish and cover with stuffing mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through and browned on top. Sprinkle remaining 1 3/4 cups cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy your choice of favorite vegetables, everyone – even if they aren’t showcased in my vegetable bowl!