Hello Friends, Happy Monday! I am alive and well, and have been working hard to meet some hard deadlines. But like I often tell many of you in my personal correspondences, I really don’t have anything to complain about. Work is good, and I really don’t mind the work… here is a sneak peek of one of my recently finished projects:
Oh, what a surprise — GRAY again! This time, it’s gray + pink + orange + taupe + brown = another unexpectedly pleasant color combination (don’t you think?). When I set out to design, I don’t really give myself any constraints. So, I guess subconsciously, this gray thing continues. I can’t help but wonder if this gray trend coincides with the phenomenon of my hair turning increasingly gray… Lightheartedness aside, you can see my other “gray” quilts here:
1. Winter Wonderland (The Quilter, Holiday 2013)
2. Home is where the Quilt is (Quilter’s World, December 2011)
3. Urban Stars (Quilt Trends, Winter 2014)
4. Manhattan (Quilt Trends, Fall 2013)
5. Spiral Squared (McCall’s Quilting, January/February 2014)
6. Persian Rug (Annie’s Fat Quarter Shuffle, Fall 2013)
7. Starry Dance (Annie’s Fat Quarter Shuffled, Fall 2013)
8. Silver Lining (Free Pattern Download for Benartex, July 2013)
9. Moonflower (Free Pattern Download for Quilting Treasures, October 2013)
On a more serious note, this past weekend was an emotionally unsettling weekend for me due to the missing Malaysian Airline plane. Being from that part of the world, I am certainly not foreign to the major airlines of the region. Though I do not know the passengers on board the missing plane, anyone from my immediate and extended family could have met the same fate. Once again, I am reminded, just how little control we have over our life, and how swiftly we can pass from this life… I have been hugging my little one a little more tightly and more frequently because of that reminder.
I continue to anxiously wait for news updates on the situation this week… and do pray for the families during this trying time.
Thank you for stopping by, dear Friends! Hugs and blessings to you.